Coloring pages with insects
Beware! Worms are everywhere! On each picture! Ladybug, spider, caterpillar, grasshopper, mosquito, snail, beetle, dragonfly, ants, mantis and many more! But don’t worry. We’ve got it all under control. That’s just ours insects coloring pages with many kinds of more and less common worms. It’s a great opportunity to teach your children a valuable biology lesson and have fun at the same time. Just print your favorite insects coloring sheets, color them and ask your child to name all printed creatures. And of course, don’t forget to read interesting facts about insects.
Quiz – Insects coloring pages for children
Hover a mouse cursor over a question and see a correct answer!
Insects coloring pages – interesting facts:
- It is very hard to determine the exact number of insect species but it is estimated to be between six and ten million.
- Only about 1% of insects are harmful to people. Most of them are useful, such as bees which pollinate flowers. It helps to develop flora that gives us food.
- The oldest cockroach fossils have around 280 million years. It means that they are about 80 million years older than the oldest dinosaur fossils.
- The average household fly lives only around 1 month.
- Snails have 3 noses.
- Mosquito’s wings hit about 500 times per second. It makes characteristic buzzing that does not allow us to sleep well at night.
- Snails can sleep continuously up to 3 years.
- A cockroach is a real Terminator in the world of insects. It can survive up to 3 weeks without a head!
- Butterflies can taste with their feet.
- The weight of all termites in the world is approximately 10 times bigger than the weight of all people in the world.
- Some insects (e.g. water spiders) can smoothly skim on the surface of the water.
- Houseflies feet can taste around 10 million times better than human’s tongue.
- Bees can fly even 80 km daily in search of food.
- The average ant can lift and move the weight about 50 times greater than its own weight.
- Only female mosquitoes feed on human blood. Male mosquitoes extract nutrients necessary for life mainly from plants.
The world of worms for most of the children isn’t very charming, but it can be equally interesting as a world of animals, birds or plants. These small creatures, which we normally rather don’t see during a day, play a very important role in our natural ecosystem. In our insects coloring pages, you’ll find a few popular representatives of this extremely rich world, e.g. spiders, ladybird, ant, fly, mosquito, cricket, snail, mantis and many more. Each printable coloring page with bugs is totally free to print or download onto your computer.