Coloring pages with insects
Insects, insects everywhere! On each coloring page! Ladybug, spider, caterpillar, grasshopper, mosquito, snail, beetle, dragonfly! But don’t worry. We’ve got it all under control. That’s our coloring pages with many kinds of more and less common worms. It’s a great opportunity to teach your children biology and have fun at the same time. Just print your favorite coloring books, color them and ask a child to name all printed insects.
Quiz – Insects coloring pages for children
Hover a mouse cursor over a question and see a correct answer!
Insects coloring books – interesting facts:
- Butterflies which are active at night have their eyes on the wings. This allows them to avoid bats.
- Only about 1% of insects is harmful to people. Most of them are useful, such as bees which pollinate flowers. It helps to develop flora that gives us food.
- The oldest cockroach fossils have around 280 million years. They are about 80 million years older than the oldest dinosaur fossils.
- The average household fly lives only around 1 month.
- Snails have 3 noses.
- Mosquito’s wings hit about 500 times per second. It makes characteristic buzzing.
- Snails can sleep continuously up to 3 years.
- Cockroaches can survive up to 3 weeks without heads.
- Butterflies can taste with their feet.
- The weight of all termites in the world is 10 times bigger than the weight of all people in the world.
- Some insects (e.g. water spiders) can smoothly skim on the surface of water.
- Houseflies feet can taste around 10 million times better than human’s tongue.
- Bees can fly even 80 km daily in search of food.
- The average ant can lift and move the weight about 50 times greater than its weight.
- Only female mosquitoes feed on human blood. Male mosquitoes extract nutrients necessary for life, mainly from plants.
The world of insects for most of the children isn’t very charming, but it can be equally interesting as a world of animals or plants. These small creatures, which we normally rather don’t see during a day, play very important role in a natural ecosystem. In our coloring books, you’ll find a few popular representatives of this extremely rich world, e.g. spiders, ladybird, fly, mosquito, cricket, snail and much more. Each printable coloring page is totally free.