Let’s learn English coloring pages
Our free, educational coloring pages help children to learn the whole English alphabet and basic vocabulary. Printable pictures show the meaning of the word to learn. And each letter is presented with an example of its use. In this way, children learn quickly and willingly. During the fun, they make rapid progress in no time.
Quiz for children – learn English
Just hover your mouse cursor over the question to see the correct answer!
USA is much bigger.
Yes, UK is an island country.
The capital of England is London.
Yes, 80% of people speak in this language.
The USA is located in North America.
Let’s learn English – interesting facts:
- E” is the most frequently used letter in English. Every eighth letter used in the vocabulary it’s “e”.
- The most common letter that starts English words is „S”.
- „Go” is the shortest complete sentence that occurs in this language.
- The longest word is „pneumonoultramicroscopicsilicovolcanoconiosis”. It’s a type of lung disease caused by inhalation of dust and smoke. This word has… actually, try to estimate how many letters has this word and then count them:) We wonder if you manage to be close.
- Queuing is the only English word that has five vowels in a row. Lots of foreigners have problems with the correct pronunciation of it.
- English is the official language in the clouds! Pilots during international flights always use this language.
- Approximately every two hours, to the English dictionary, is added one new word. It may be hard to believe but every year appears about 4000 new words.
- The English language is used by 1 billion people in the world. Every seventh person speaks this language.
- In the word „therein” we can find 10 other words without rearranging any of its letters. These are: the, there, he, in, rein, her, here, ere, therein, herein.
It’s widely known that the best form of learning is fun. Thanks to this very special collection of educational worksheets your child will immediately learn a few basic English words (like a boat, cake, doll, parrot) and all alphabet letters. It can be a nice introduction to learn foreign languages or supplement to knowledge gained at school or at extracurricular activities. We also hope that all children like our Interesting Facts section and a special quiz. Pictures with English words is a form of relaxation and acquiring useful knowledge in one. Especially recommended for children in kindergartens and early grades of primary school.