Flowers coloring pages to print
Oh just look how amazingly colorful is this category of coloring worksheets. Or rather how it suppose to be after you finish painting all the marvelous pictures we’ve collected for you here. Print now roses, tulips, buttercup, dahlias, sunflowers and many other marvelous species. All flower coloring pages are printable and accessible for free. So don’t wait any longer and start the fun with your whole family.
Interesting facts about flowers:
- The vast majority of plants can’t survive without access to water and sunlight.
- Plants have appeared on earth hundreds of millions of years earlier than humans.
- The corpse lily (Rafflesia arnoldii) is a rare flower to be found in the rainforests of Indonesia. It has the world’s largest bloom and can grow up to 1 meter (3.3 feet) across and weigh up to 11 kilograms (24 pounds). It owes its rather peculiar name to the very unpleasant odor it emits.
- The world’s smallest known flowering plant is the watermeal (Wolffia globosa). It’s a very common species that can be found all over the planet and its size is comparable to a grain of rice!
- Sunflowers are very busy plants. They move throughout the day following the movement of the sun – from east to west.
- A lot of flowers have various symbolic meanings in Western culture. For example, red roses are considered to be a symbol of love and passion. The daisies, in turn, symbolize innocence.
- The lotus is a holy flower for Buddhists and is very commonly present in the symbolism of this culture. It had similar meaning for ancient Egyptians.
- Broccoli, cauliflower, and artichoke are very popular vegetables but not everyone knows that they actually are flowers.
- Cats should definitely avoid eating lilies because they are highly toxic to them.
- Tulips are edible and its bulb can be substituted for onions.
The most beautifully fragrant category of coloring sheets for kids
This set of flower coloring pages is a place that can appeal to both boys and girls. You can find here many exotic but also some more common species. They are all of the great quality and easy to print or download. So check an aster, peony, pansy, marigold, lotus, cactus, rose, tulip, dandelion, cornflower, dahlia, chamomile, calendula and many more. Pick your favorite flower coloring worksheets, print them out now and enjoy time spent with the whole family. You can also use flowers coloring pages as an educational tool and teach your child names of particular plants. Because education combined with fun is doubly effective.